How Interior Design Firm Décor Aid Works
Not so long ago hiring an interior design would cost an arm and a leg, and if you weren’t part of the 1%, you’d be hard pressed to get one through your door. The industry was fraught with fraudsters gauging prices on furnishings and services while leaving their clients in the dark.
So after trying to hire designers to elevate their new homes only to be met with some seriously bad attitude and insane appraisals, Sean Juneja and Markus Weber, former banking execs, decided to disrupt the interior design industry with a friendlier and more practical approach. So how did they do it? They founded interior design firm Décor Aid in 2014 to bring high-touch luxurious design services across the country for those on the market for honest practices and enriching design. Launched in NYC five years ago, Décor Aid now services every major city from coast to coast and boasts a network of over 400 expert interior designers, who together, have contributed to thousands of projects.
How does Décor Aid work?
With a straightforward and transparent approach, Décor Aid looks at the design process as a mutually beneficial collaboration that marries the functionality and the aesthetic joy of great design with an approach that always keeps their clients in the loop regarding every phase and detail.
To start with, Décor Aid requests that potential clients book a free in-person consultation via their online platform followed by a brief chat with one of their trusted project managers.
After the call, they then dispatch the best local interior designer for the scope of the project. Each client gets their own dedicated project manager who will handle every purchase and delivery on their behalf to ensure that the entire process runs as smoothly as possible. They’ll also manage any contractors or renovation experts brought in.
Their clients are informed about the total cost of the project including design fees based on a transparent hourly pricing structure so their clients will have a better understanding of how much everything will cost. And to save them money, Décor Aid passes along their industry trade discounts to clients – something virtually unheard before they launched.
- Clients looking to better their everyday lives with beneficial design.
- The interior designers they carefully screen.
- Shelter publication editors and television producers.
- General contractors and renovation specialists.
- Project managers and concierge members.
- Photographers who document each project.
- A complex tech team who ensures that the platform is on solid ground online.
- Clients hungry for beautiful interior design and the best services available.
- The talented interior designers under their roster.
- A strong brand reputation both by word of mouth and online.
- A practical, functional, and beautiful web platform and presence.
- Social networking accounts.
- Brands that make remarkable products.
- A free in-person initial consultation.
- The best interior designers.
- Honest hourly flat-rate fees.
- 24 hour concierge services and project management.
- Steep discounts on furnishings.
- Talented, experienced, and professional construction and renovation experts.
- Their online platform.
- Social media accounts.
- Print and online publications.
- Newsletter subscribers.
- Affiliate partnerships.
Sign up for Vizologi newsletter for a time-to-time look into
business model canvas updates