If you are a developer, app promo codes are a great way to help you with app marketing. Of course, the old means of advertising — such as promo videos and app trailers — are still relevant. But what could be a better way of getting press and influencers on board with your app than actually letting them try it? And if you have any troubles with redeeming an Apple code, you might find this guide to Apple receipt validation online very useful.
However, this task may be confusing for people who’ve never heard of app store redeem codes or who may have never even used an App Store. This guide will walk them through this process:
- Get your code ready.
- Open the App Store on your Apple device and scroll to the bottom of its homepage.
- Choose “Redeem.”
- Then you will be presented with two options: you can redeem your code using your camera, or you can enter it manually. If you choose the second option, proceed to Step 5.
- Type in your code.
- Press “Redeem.”
Enjoy your applications and in-app purchases!
About App Store Promo Codes
A promo code is a mix of letters and/or numbers, usually around five to twelve characters in all caps. They allow you to give one-time products or trials to subscriptions for free.
Apple, for example, presents you with the ability to give away up to 100 promo codes for each in-app purchase. Each in-app purchase promo code can only be used once and is valid for 28 days after it was requested.
Promo codes can also be as follows.
- Public: Used by anyone
- Private: Targeted to a specific group of people
- Restricted: Targeted to a single user and can only be used once
Ways to Use Promo Codes for In-app Purchases in the App Store
Today, customers can buy additional content or services within apps, which is very convenient. This is known as “in-app purchase.” There are countless options how you can implement promo codes and make them work in your favor; for example:
- If you are a game developer, you can creatively engage with users by giving away promo codes at an event. People could enter them to unlock some rare in-game items.
- If you have a shopping app, you can send codes granting a discount to customers who leave items in their virtual shopping carts. This will encourage them to complete their purchase.
- And no matter the type of app you have, you can give codes promising a tempting offer to employees, family, and friends so they can share them with their acquaintances and bring in new users.
Just be sure you send an iOS app promo code to Apple users and an Android app promo code to Android users; otherwise, it may be confusing to your clients.
All in all, it is safe to say that promo codes are a great way to promote your application. You can give press and influencers early access to your app, so they can try it before its launch and publish their reviews. So, you kill two birds with one stone: you get feedback and draw attention to your product.
Don’t forget about free trials and free samples, which will definitely attract new users. It’s no surprise this marketing method has been adopted by the mobile app industry.
So, be sure to make promo codes a part of your app’s marketing strategy.
Before downloading the canvas, we would like to invite you to our newsletter, from time-to-time we will send you curated content about business strategy